My Morning Commute

Monday, July 06, 2015

This is just a taste of a typical Monday. And it sucks.

I remember the days when I had to do was drive to work. Yes, there is a thing called traffic. And sometimes, it's not as bad you think. In retrospect, I was used to it. Just you and the open road. Windows up, air conditioner on high and blasting your favorite song. Which is the best! 

In NYC, you can have a car but you're asking for trouble. Have you heard of defensive driving? Drive at your own risk; I think it's going to take a little bit more than that for you to survive. There are ultimately 3 to 4 things that can ruin my peaceful commute in MTA.

Let me set the scene so you can understand. Every morning, I walk down to the subway. I make my way down into the cellars of the mole people. And I pass the Soldier of Jesus stating, "Jesus said REPENT for your sins." I greet him every morning. He really is a nice guy. (One of these days I'll actually have a conversation with him.) After I pass him, I stroll deeper into Mole Land and pass the booth. I swipe my card, walk pass the gate and I wait. If I'm lucky, the train will come within 5 minutes of me entering the train station. I get a corner seat and wait for my stop. Everyone is pretty quiet. I put on my earphones and listen to tunes. Sometimes I eat my scone and drink my coffee. I'm comfy on my ride downtown. The trains run smoothly and I get to midtown in about 40 minutes.
How many times does thay actually happen? Maybe once a week. There is always something that could ruin my commute or just make it terrible.

1.) Being loud and obnoxious at 8AM. If there is a person sitting right next to you, why do I hear your whole conversation at the other end of the train. Be courteous. Some people may just want to rest their eyes before they start their day. Nobody wants to hear you. So, just shut up!

2.) Holding the doors. If the doors are closing and you rush in trying to hold the doors, I'm going to ferociously hate you. If the doors are trying to close and you're holding them open because it's funny, I'm going to push you on the tracks. When you hold the doors, it creates "Train Traffic" meaning that trains are going to run behind because of your stupidity. Don't do it.

3.) Certain grooming activities. I see people put on makeup or maybe take down their hair. I don't mind if you do that. Especially if the train isn't crowded. But shaving, clipping your toe nails and even picking your nose?? That should only be done at home. It's gross. The train car is not your bathroom. Stop being gross.

What annoys you about your morning commute? I want to hear all your stories and woes! 

"But alas, it's just another manic Monday
I wish it were Sunday
'Cause that's my fun day
My I don't have to run day
It's just another manic Monday."

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

.

Get GxS Daily

Enter your email address: