Where Have You Been?

Saturday, August 22, 2015

After a long hiatus, I know you've been wondering where I've been. To be honest, I've been around, just not blogging. As a lot of you know, I moved to NYC in January 2015, so not too long ago. I'm in month 8 and I could not be happier.

I have a really bad habit of letting things get to me. When one thing goes wrong, my life crashes down. The first year in NYC is the hardest but I haven't given up yet. Lately, things started to look up when I got the following email about two weeks ago.

Yes, my friends. I got my very first position within the entertainment industry! Yes... I'm an assistant. But I'm really excited to say that this is a stepping stone toward better things. I even put a nice speech on Facebook.

Why stop blogging? Well, when nothing is going right in my life, everything kind of stops. I guess that's one of the flaws. It's an ENFJ trait.

"ENFJs define their self-esteem by whether they are able to live up to their ideals, and sometimes ask for criticism more out of insecurity than out of confidence, always wondering what they could do better. If they fail to meet a goal or to help someone they said they'd help, their self-confidence will undoubtedly plummet." - 16Personalities

That 5K I was training for? That was a lost cause. Nothing will come out of that.

The best thing that came out of this hiatus was a great sense of who my friends are, the power of patience, and how perseverance really works in your favor. I called my friends crying multiple times about how everything sucked. I called my family members asking them for money so I could get by. My patience would run thin and the only song that kept me going was "All Right" by Allen Anthony. The perseverance that woke me up every morning was fueled by all those that have inspired me or I have inspired. Life is a series of peaks and valleys, but it's all beautiful.

Ending on a happy note, although the 5K was a bust, I signed up for kickboxing classes at Hip + Fit kickboxing. We'll see how that goes. I'm not the violent type but I love being hip and fit. Things are definitely looking up!





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

.

Get GxS Daily

Enter your email address: