Hip + Fit: Kick in the Ass

Monday, August 31, 2015



If you've never done kickboxing before, you should give it a try. This whole body workout will prove just how out of shape you are and if you were in a fight how quickly you'd lose.

My instructor was so cool. And I'll explain why. She's a rapper. Not like a cheesy one, here is one of her songs. Like she got rhymes. Like MC Lyte flow. And throughout the class, she plays hip hop, hens the name hip and fit. It completely works.

The class was fairly small, about 6 people which was nice. It was big enough to meet new people, but small enough where you feel like your instructor cared about your success.

Every exercise was meticulously planned to make you cry. Front kicks, back kicks, punches, jumping jacks, and my personal favorite, the "takedown". Are you feeling my pain yet??

Afterwards, she greeted me and tried to remember my name. "Are you coming back she said?", and responded with a long "Uhhhh..." and a number of students that assured me that it gets easier. To be honest, I'll be back tomorrow. I just didn't know when the next class was. As embarrassing as it was, I'm glad I went and plan on using this Groupon to my advantage.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

.

Get GxS Daily

Enter your email address: